Welcome! This page is updated on Thursdays.
Previous weeks are found on the Sermons page.
Weekly Connections: Updated 9-28-23
EX^LT – FRIDAYS
EX^LT is a college age ministry at FBC designed for high school seniors through young adults. EX^LT is a weekly time of fellowship, connection, accountability, worship, and scripture discussion. Our purpose is to provide a safe space for a college age community to gather, worship, learn, and share life together. We meet on Fridays at FBC, in Room 101. Arrive at 6:30 PM for refreshments before we kick things off at 7:00 PM. Bring a friend and we hope to see you there. Click here to sign up!
BLOOD DRIVE – 9/29
We are hosting a Red Cross Blood Drive sponsored by Oasis Physical Therapy. Join this blood drive on Friday, September 29, from 10 AM to 3 PM in the MPR.
You may click here to register online for a time to donate. Donating blood is safe, quick and easy, and you can save up to 3 lives with just 1 blood donation! Giving blood saves 4.5 million lives each year in the US, yet fewer than 1 out of 10 people in the US donate.
Let’s roll up our sleeves and do our part!
CROSS REFERENCE BOOK CLUB – 9/30
The FBC Library, The Cross Reference, has a Book Club for everyone who reads and loves books – all are invited! In fact, bring your book-loving friends too. Sign up to join the Book Club Group in the App: Home>Connect>Groups or click here. We appreciate your RSVP so that we know how many are going to join us for this time of sharing and fellowship!
The Cross Reference Book Club book for September: The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Scottish author Robert Louis Stevenson‘s classic Gothic novella, originally published in 1886. The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde is about a London lawyer named Gabriel John Utterson who investigates strange occurrences between his old friend, Dr. Henry Jekyll and the evil Mr. Edward Hyde. Although the book had initially been published as a “shilling shocker,” The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde was an immediate success and became one of Stevenson’s best-selling works.
Grab the book on Amazon at this link
Find the audiobook on Audible at this link
This month we will also briefly review the August book: Maybe You Should Talk To Someone, so if you read that book, please bring it and your thoughts on it. If you didn’t read it, that’s ok! It’s always fun to hear others’ insights!
We look forward to hearing what you learned from your reading at our next meeting on Saturday, September 30 at 6:30 PM at the Cross Reference Library at FBC Richland (Room 301). Join the group and RSVP so that we know you’re participating. You can join the Group and RSVP in the App: Home>Connect>Groups or click here.
Come join us whether you’ve read the book or not – we welcome all discussion. We’re excited to see you then!
2GO CAFE – 9:00 AM SUNDAY
Our coffee stand is open on Sunday mornings at 9:00 AM. Stop by and grab some coffee before or after the Main Session. Donations currently benefit Tri-Cities Chaplaincy Hospice. You can find more info about this ministry at the coffee stand.
FBC KIDS – 9:30 AM SUNDAY
FBC Kids is our Sunday morning program for children ages 0–6th grade, where we use The Gospel Project as our curriculum.
Our mission is to partner with families to raise up kids who love Jesus!
At our 9:30 AM Main Session we have 3 classes (check in by the Nursery):
• Nursery & Toddler – age 0-2
• Preschool & Kindergarten – age 3-5
• Grades 1, 2, & 3
Check your children in at the station by the nursery in the main hallway – follow the signs!
There will be a single check-in station where you can conveniently complete the process for your child, and you can sign in for the rest of your family, too, all at once.
• Grades 4, 5, & 6 participate in the Main Session. If your older kiddo hasn’t gotten an FBC Kids 4-5-6 Grade binder yet, they can grab theirs from under the giving box at the back of the auditorium! These are for kids to keep, and they can add to their binders each week.
BREAKOUT SESSIONS – 11:00 AM SUNDAY
with Alan Zacher – Looking to God together for real, practical answers to tough questions. Open to youth and adults
– Meets in Room 305 *note location change for this week
with Stacy Mouat – come Engage in God’s Word through this 8-week study of Ruth and Esther. Weekly study is highly encouraged but not required for participation. The supplemental Kinsman Redeemer study will be provided at no cost. For those who desire to go deeper, extra supplemental video links will be provided. The book is linked here: Engaging God’s Word: Ruth and Esther
For further summary of the studies and to sign up, visit the Church App: Home> Connect> Events or click here.
Open to ladies 16 and up
-Meets in Room 307
FBC KIDS BREAKOUT SESSIONS
(Kids can remain in classes from the 9:30 hour)
MEN’S 4 to 5 LIFE GROUP – 4 PM
Come join the Men’s Life 4 to 5 Group!
We meet from 4:00 – 5:00 PM on Sunday afternoons in the MPR.
Grab an invite card from the Connect Table and plan to bring someone!
TRUNK OR TREAT 2023
Come join us for FBC’s annual Trunk or Treat! This event is FREE to the public with the exception of purchasing from local vendors if you choose. Children, families, and friends of all ages are welcome! We will have:
~ Dozens of fun decorated trunks to walk through (and collect lots of candy!)
~ Bounce houses
~ Carnival games
~ Free refreshments
~ Food trucks serving several dinner options
~ Live music
~ Coffee bar
~ Ice cream
~ Face painting
Throw on your costume and grab a friend to bring along. We can’t wait to see you there!
Share the Facebook event with friends and family here!
TRUNK OR TREAT HELP NEEDED!
Trunk or Treat planning is underway and we need people! Here are some ways you can be a part of this fabulous community event:
Here’s how you can help:
• Decorate a trunk and give out candy
Need some trunk ideas? Click here to look at our Pinterest board for ideas!
More ways to help (sign up here!):
• Building Safety Team (manning an indoor station to insure guest and building safety)
• Connect Tent (work with connect team, be welcoming, answer questions, pray with guests)
• Games (overseeing carnival games)
• Live Music (performing a short set)
• Parking Team (helping direct parking lot traffic flow)
• Photo Booth (pose and photograph families)
• Refreshments (working with kitchen crew to keep refreshments table stocked)
• Welcome Team (roaming the grounds, greeting guests, answering questions)
If you aren’t available to help with the event, please pray for the event planning as well as consider donating candy!
We will need lots of candy for our trunks. Drop your candy in the bin in the foyer. Thanks!
Also, invite your friends, family, and neighbors to come to this fun event!
Pick up some postcard invitations on the Connect Table on Sunday, and share this Facebook event.
MOPS – 2nd & 4th WEDNESDAYS
Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) is an international program that encourages and equips moms of young children to realize their potential as mothers, women, and leaders in relationship with Jesus and in partnership with the local church. We seek to create a space for moms to be seen, heard, and known. MOPS is all about connecting people to each other, sharing the joys and challenges of motherhood, and sharing the love of Jesus.
• After you grab our app, join our MOPS Group!
FBC MOPS meets twice a month on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month from September to May. We meet from 6:30-8:00 PM in Room 101 at FBC Richland (1107 Wright Ave). We provide fellowship, snacks, discussions, and laughter. Motherhood is messy! Don’t feel like you have to do it alone! Please join us, just as you are – because we are better together!
• We meet in Room 101 at FBC Richland
COLLECTING SHOES FOR KIDS
2023 Trunk or Treat New Shoe Giveaway
We are collecting NEW school shoes and sneakers to distribute next Fall to kids to come to Trunk or Treat! We are going to collect shoes until we reach our goal, so please give us a hand! You may drop off new shoes in the designated shoe bins in the foyer, between the double glass doors.
Our collection goal:
• 100 little kid sizes (11-3)
• 200 big kid sizes (3-5)
As of 7/3/23 we have received:
• 105 little kid sizes
• 123 big kid sizes
We are still in need of big kid girls size 7 and boys size 4.
Questions? Email Kary Ferguson
CONNECT NIGHT – 10/15
Connect Night is a fun fellowship time for all FBC attenders, new and seasoned, designed to help us all get to know each other a little better.
Here’s what you’ll get when you come:
● A chance to meet elders, deacons, staff, other attenders, etc.
● An overview of who we are as FBC Richland
● A look ahead to what you can anticipate as you get plugged in
● A glimpse into our ongoing opportunities for fellowship and ministry
● How to navigate the resources we offer
● Learn about the path to membership
Come learn more about us, ask questions, get to know others in our church family and have some dessert, too!
Sunday, October 15 from 6:00 – 7:30 PM
We hope to see you there! Sign up in the Church App or click here.
CHURCH APP- DIRECTORY
Did you know that we have a church directory? Join today and don’t forget to add your photo into your profile!
This is a secure directory that is only available to those who have opted in.
• Group by household or individual
• Choose whether to include children
• Choose what information to include for each person (photo, phone, email)
• Very secure – only people in our database can be INVITED to participate
To get your invitation to join the directory, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to Sunday Worship!
- 9:30 AM Main Session – Join in the Auditorium or view the simulcast in Room 106C (Parent Lounge)
- 9:30 AM FBC Kids – Nursery and FBC Kids classes available for ages 0 – 3rd grade
- 4-5-6 Grades join the Main Session at 9:30
- Main Session will also be available on YouTube for those who wish to watch online
- Breakout Sessions for all ages begin at 11:00 AM, locations vary – see sign at the double doors
- Please check in – whether you are here in person or watching online – using the ChurchCenter app on your smartphone, or on the ChurchCenter App Portal on a computer (choose “in person” or “online” when you check in)
- Click here for hearing assistance information
Regular Weekly Gatherings
Week Beginning October 1
2Go Cafe Open @ 9:00 AM
Main Session @ 9:30 AM
FBC Kids @ 9:30 AM
(Age 0 thru grade 3 – check in at Nursery)
In Person @ FBC: Auditorium & Simulcast in Room 106C (Parent Lounge)
Online Livestream: YouTube
Worship through Music ~ Rachel Montgomery
Worship through the Word ~ Pastor Tim Walker
Greater Works: Week Three
Breakout Sessions @ 11:00 AM
Book of Genesis – Room 303
Questions About Life – Room 305
Engaging God’s Word: Ruth and Esther for Ladies – Room 307
FBC Kids Breakout Sessions @ 11:00 AM
Newborn & Toddler
Preschool & Kindergarten
Grades 1 – 2 – 3
Grades 4 – 5 – 6
Men’s 4 to 5 Life Group @ 4:00 PM
Youth Group @ 6:00 PM
Awana @ 6:30 PM
Kids clubs for age 3–6th grade
MOPS @ 6:30 – 8:00 PM, 2nd & 4th Wednesdays
Mothers of Preschoolers
EX^LT @ 6:30 PM
H.S. Seniors – Young Adults
Song Lyrics 10-1-23
Today’s Songs 10-1-23
Man Of Sorrows
I Surrender All
Give Me Faith
Man Of Sorrows
Man of sorrows Lamb of God
By His own betrayed
The sin of man and wrath of God
Has been on Jesus laid
Silent as He stood accused
Beaten mocked and scorned
Bowing to the Father’s will
He took a crown of thorns
Oh that rugged cross my salvation
Where Your love poured out over me
Now my soul cries out hallelujah
Praise and honor unto Thee
Sent of heaven God’s own Son
To purchase and redeem
And reconcile the very ones
Who nailed Him to that tree
Now my debt is paid
It is paid in full
By the precious blood
That my Jesus spilled
Now the curse of sin
Has no hold on me
Whom the Son sets free
Oh is free indeed
See the stone is rolled away
Behold the empty tomb
Hallelujah God be praised
He’s risen from the grave
I Surrender All
Truly know that Thou art mine
Standing here in Your presence
In a grace so relentless
I am won by perfect love
Wrapped within the arms of heaven
In a peace that lasts forever
Sinking deep in mercy’s sea
I’m wide awake drawing close
Stirred by grace and all my heart is Yours
All fear removed
I breathe You in I lean into Your love
Oh Your love
When I’m lost You pursue me
Lift my head to see Your glory
Lord of all so beautiful
Here in You I find shelter
Captivated by the splendour of Your face
My secret place
Your love so deep is washing over me
Your face is all I seek You are my ev’rything
Jesus Christ You are my one desire
Lord hear my only cry to know You all my life
Give Me Faith
I need You to soften my heart
And break me apart
I need You to open my eyes
To see that You’re shaping my life
All I am
Give me faith to trust what You say
That You’re good and Your love is great
I’m broken inside I give You my life
I need You to soften my heart
And break me apart
I need You to pierce through the dark
And cleanse every part of me
‘Cause I may be weak
But Your Spirit’s strong in me
My flesh may fail
My God You never will
Sermon Study Guide
Prayer & Giving
Click below to submit a prayer request.
Prayer Requests are posted in the ChurchCenter app under ‘Pray’.
You may give in person using the box at the back of the Auditorium. You may also mail a check, use the ChurchCenter app, or click the button below.
Financial Information through August 31, 2023
• Giving $35,307 • Expenses $41,054 •
- More to See!
- ChurchCenter App
- YouVersion Study Guide
- Hearing Assistance
- Right Now Media
- Email Preferences
- Stay Connected
Take a look at the information in these tabs to discover more resources for Sunday gatherings and throughout the week!
Remember that your Church App is available to you! Here are just a few things you can do and information you can grab in the app!
- Check in to Sunday’s Main Session (in person AND online)
- Get information about (and sometimes sign up for) events
- Give online
- View the Church Directory (to join the directory, send an email to email@example.com for an invite)
- View the Church Calendar
YOUVERSION STUDY GUIDE
Access the sermon study guide on the Bible app! This will allow you to follow along with the message AND take and save your notes. We use the YouVersion Bible App which is FREE and available for iPhone/iPad, Android, and Kindle Fire devices.
Here’s what to do:
1. Go to your app store or https://www.bible.com/app and install on your device.
2. Set up a FREE account either in the app or on the website.
3. If you haven’t used this app before, spend some time getting to know all its features.
4. When you come on Sunday look under “More” and “Events” to find our service.
5. Make sure to click “save” when you get to the event so you will be able to access your notes later.
If you have any problems let a staff member or deacon know and they can point you in the direction of someone who can help.
If you or someone you know needs to make use of this great tool in our worship service, here are some instructions.
- Download the WaveCAST Audio Receiver application. Download for Apple phones
Download for Google phones
- At the worship service, connect to the “FBC-Guest” Wi-Fi network (the network password is on the home page of the Church app)
- Next, open the WaveCAST app, and choose “FBC Service”
- You should be connected! Just move the slider to adjust the volume.
If you have any problems connecting, just let a staff member or deacon know and they can point you in the direction of someone who can help.
Did you know that you have access to FBC’s sermon archive? Watch video or listen to a podcast of our streaming services, access previous Weekly Connections, and listen to audio from past in-person services.
We have a free gift for you! FBC Richland has access to an extensive video library called RightNow Media.
It’s like the “Netflix of Video Bible Studies” and has a HUGE library of faith-based videos that you can access whenever and wherever you want—on your phone, tablet, computer, or on your TV at home. You will have FREE access to thousands of video resources to help you with parenting, marriage, discipleship and more. It includes content for all ages and stages of life, and all of your family members are invited to set up their own accounts as well.
Now, let’s create your free account! There are two simple steps:
1. Click on the link below to create your private account and start watching right away!
2. Download the RightNow Media app for your smart phone, tablet, Apple TV, Roku, or Amazon Fire TV.
We hope you and your family enjoy this gift from all of us here at FBC.
You can manage your email preferences and choose whether to receive the following:
• All Church: news and reminders
• Prayer Requests: prayer requests as they are received
• Meal Requests: notifies you when a meal is needed for someone at FBC