Weekly Bulletin 4-25-21
Welcome to our Sunday Worship Service!
• Worship with us live in the Auditorium with distanced seating
• We will continue to adhere to safe social distancing practices and wear masks as required for in-person activities
• If you have children attending KidZone, please pick them up promptly after the service
• Please check in – whether you are here in person or watching online – using the ChurchCenter app on your smartphone, or on the ChurchCenter online portal on a computer
Regular Weekly Activities
2Go Cafe Open @ 9:00 AM
Nursery-3rd Grade @ 9:30 AM
Please pick your child up promptly after the Worship Service.
Worship through Music ~ Rachel Montgomery
Worship through the Word ~ Jeff Stachofsky
Organic Grace: No Additives Necessary
Breakout Sessions @ 11:00 AM
Book of Titus with Paul Eslinger – MPR
Modern Day Parables with Pastor Isaac – Room 302/304
Video Chat with Jon & Suzanne Wright – Room 303
MOPS @ 6:30 PM
Meets in MPR
Youth Group @ 6:00 PM
with Pastor Isaac
Meeting in the MPR
Youth Group ends at 7:30
Awana @ 6:30 PM
Open to students age 3-6th grade
Our coffee stand is open on Sunday mornings at 9:00 AM. Stop by and grab some coffee before the worship service begins. You can pay in cash or by using a prepaid 2Go Café coffee card. Proceeds from your purchase will go toward FBC missions.
Breakout sessions begin at 11:00. We hope you’ll join us after the service:
• Book of Titus with Paul Eslinger – An interactive bible study for adults
–NOTE: Meets in the MPR this week
• Modern Day Parables with Pastor Isaac – This will be a fun breakout session based on conversation, and biblical examination of modern day sayings. Join us this week as we talk through and examine, “You can’t win ’em all”.
– Meets in Room 302/304
• Video Chat with Jon & Suzanne Wright, our March Missionaries of the Month from World In Need International: Europe and the Middle East. Come listen to some updates and ask some questions!.
-Meets in Room 303
MAY DAY FELLOWSHIP
FBC Women would like to invite you to the MPR for coffee, pastries, and a May Day craft! Daughters are welcome to attend and share a craft with Mom (no childcare will be provided for younger kiddos). We hope you’ll be able to make it to this fun morning!
Here are the details:
• Saturday, May 1 in the MPR
• Sign up on the ChurchCenter app or at our website!
• Bring a friend!
YOUVERSION SERMON NOTES
We now have sermon notes on the Bible app! This will allow you to follow along with the message AND take and save your notes. We will be using the YouVersion Bible App which is FREE and available for iPhone/iPad, Android, and Kindle Fire devices.
Here’s what to do:
1. Go to your app store or https://www.bible.com/app and install on your device.
2. Set up a FREE account either in the app or on the website.
3. If you haven’t used this app before, spend some time getting to know all its features.
4. When you come on Sunday look under “More” and “Events” to find our service. Alternatively, you can click on the “YouVersion Notes” link right here!
5. Make sure to click “save” when you get to the event so you will be able to access your notes later.
If you have any problems let a staff member or deacon know and they can point you in the direction of someone who can help!
(If you would prefer a hard copy notes page, you may download one here, or they will also be available on the table as you enter the auditorium.)
If you or someone you know needs to make use of this great tool in our worship service, here are some instructions.
- Download the WaveCAST Audio Receiver application.
Download for Apple phones
Download for Google phones
- At the worship service, connect to the “FBC-Guest” Wi-Fi network.
- Next, open the WaveCAST app, and choose “FBC Service”
- You should be connected! Just move the slider to adjust the volume.
MOTHERS OF PRESCHOOLERS
If you are a mom of kids (from pregnancy) through age five, please join us for some adult conversation, coffee, creativity, and fellowship.
~tap a title to jump
to the song~
The Secret Place
Where will you run my soul
Where will you go when wells run dry
When the wind starts to blow
How you gonna keep this flame alive
In the fading light when night is breaking
I know You will always be waiting
You’ll always be there
(I’m) running to the secret place
Where You are where You are
I’ll sing to You all the ways
You stole my heart stole my heart
Better is a moment that I spend with You
Than a million other days away
I’m running I’m running
I’m running to the secret place
You are my only hope
You are the Rock on which I stand
You will not let me go
I know that I’m safe inside Your hands
Hands are lifted high hearts awake to life
We are satisfied here with You here with You
Chains will hit the floor broken lives restored
We couldn’t ask for more here with You here with You
I Will Stand
You saved me from my destruction
You turned my feet from death
You lifted me with Your kindness
You filled me with Your breath
How can I thank You
What can I bring
I will stand and worship You
For ev’rything You are to me
I will lift my voice in praise
For all the wonders You display
I will stand I will stand and worship You
You draw me with tender mercies
You hold me in Your grace
So I will fall down in rev’rence
At the myst’ry of Your ways
So how can I thank You
What can I bring
In the middle of the congregation
I will lift my voice to say that You are good
And in the midst of ev’ry situation
I will make this declaration
You are good yeah yeah
You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep my faith will stand
And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine
Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sov’reign hand will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You’ve never failed and You won’t start now
Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Saviour
I will call upon Your name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine
Your Grace Is Enough
Great is Your faithfulness O God
You wrestle with the sinner’s restless heart
You lead us by still waters into mercy
And nothing can keep us apart
(So) remember Your people
Remember Your children
Remember Your promise O God
Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough for me
Great is Your love and justice God of Jacob
You use the weak to lead the strong
You lead us in the song of Your salvation
And all Your people sing along
Yeah Your grace is enough
Heaven reaches out to us
Your grace is enough for me
God I sing Your grace is enough
I’m covered in Your love
Your grace is enough for me for me
Scripture & Sermon Notes
No Additives Necessary
Paul’s Case for Grace:
1. Our Motive
1 It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.
Galatians 5:1 (NASB)
Stand firm –
Don’t Submit –
2. Our Opportunity
13 For you were called to freedom brother; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
14 For the whole law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself”.
15 But if you bite and devour on another, take care lest you be consumed by one another.
16 But I say walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desires of the flesh.
Galatians 5:13-16 (NASB)
3. Our Means
24 Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live by the Spirit, let also walk by the Spirit.
26 Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another.
Galatians 5:24-26 (NASB)
Crucified flesh –
Live and walk –
Stay humble –
You may give in person using the box at the back of the Auditorium. You may also mail a check, use the ChurchCenter app, or click the button below.
Financial Information through March 31, 2021
Giving: $409,159 • Expenses: $417,513 • Budget: $476,625
Missionary of the Month
Amanda Lorraine, Founder & CEO
Grace Kitchen is a ministry that exists in order to empower and employ women out of poverty in the Tri-Cities area through the daily work of discipleship, friendship, job training, and employment. We seek to meet the needs of some of the most marginalized women in our city and proclaim the amazing news of our risen Savior. Through the production of our gourmet dried food products, catering, and eventually having a food truck and a retail store, we equip women in our city to become confident, self sufficient and Christ dependent. This ministry enables women to learn to work and eventually support themselves and their families apart from relying solely on government programs or destructive relationships.
- Please pray for me as the director to steward the time I have well, and for wisdom from God to lead this organization with Christ-centered humility, boldness, and courage that only comes from the Lord.
- Pray for our protection as we are in a more dangerous area of our city, and it is all women in the building most of the time.
- Pray for Sue (Assistant director) as she works directly with the ladies assisting them with tutoring, computer skills, resumes, & discipling. This isn’t an easy job when you are working with women who have experienced a lot of trauma in their lives.
- Pray for our Thursday leadership team, that God would continue to give them wisdom and truth to speak as they walk alongside new women each week. We often see the effects of trauma, prostitution, and addiction, and we need the Holy Spirit to guide each of us as we seek to tenderly care for these women’s needs.
- Pray for the women currently enrolled in our program that they would see Jesus for who He really is and want to fully surrender their lives to Him.
- Pray for the women that God would provide housing, stability, and continued sobriety so they can be fully reunited with their children.
- Pray for these women that they would learn the truth of God’s word and find their hope and salvation in Christ alone through the numerous bible studies we teach weekly.
To make a one-time gift (love offering) to Grace Kitchen you may choose “Missionary of the Month” in the drop-down menu of the ChurchCenter app’s giving option. This option is also available online, here. Alternatively, you may visit their website to contribute directly to them.
Latest Library Info
We hope y’all have had a chance to stop by the Library. We are still working on it, and have plans for cataloguing and creating a new checkout system, and even a sign for our window. But in the meantime, as we go about our work there, we hope you will feel free to take a look at the books and resources we have available.
Stay tuned for our next book recommendations, coming soon. Make sure to come and visit church library and look around again and see what’s new. If you have any questions, you can always send us an email!
~The Lovely Library Ladies
Jen, Shelly, Tami, and Tara
RightNow Media is an online video streaming service with Christian content for all ages & interests and has been called “The Netflix of Bible Studies”.
If you have questions or want to activate your free subscription, email email@example.com.
You can manage your email preferences and choose whether to receive the following:
• All Church: weekly connections & news
• Prayer Requests: prayer bulletin & prayer chain or requests as they are received
• Meal Requests: notifies you when a meal is needed for someone in the First Family
Check in to Sunday Services with the ChurchCenter app! It’s a great way to connect with our ministries, events, church directory, and more. You can also access some of these features online. Learn how to install and begin using the app here.